The past 4-5 months have been a weird sort of crazy busy, mentally wiped, not-really-busy-but-can’t-function sort of time. I got a job last year, and started working far more hours than I was hired for and my brain forgot how to function, I think. Or I just needed to focus on words. Or I focused too much on words. It’s hard to say.
I have so much to cover, and I’m trying to organize the words for full fledged blog posts, trying to wrap my mind around how to write a blog post again instead of a book. I’m trying to figure out how to expound on my world and the crazy, amazing, chaotic developments in our little corner of the universe, instead of building new worlds and characters and telling their story.
I want to resume telling my story again (while still telling theirs, of course, because I will likely never cease writing).
While I work on composing the words, here’s a few brief updates, destined to be turned into posts of their own eventually.
- We went to Disney World this year. This will require several posts, including one about Make-A-Wish and the true magic they created.
- I wrote over 500,000 words last year.
- Published 8 books.
- Contracted 7 more (& have 3 more in edits for Indie publishing later this year)
- I started working again, for real this time. After a few brief stints over the past 5 years, I’ve been at this job 7 months now. It’s the job I said I’d never go back to, and I’m still not sure how I feel about it.
- The kids are now almost-17 (3 days!), almost-10, and almost-9. Holy crap, how did that happen?
- Molly’s behavior has improved (thanks to a little help) vastly. Her school year this year has been so different, I’m the happiest I’ve been in a while w/ the school district.
- My brother got diagnosed w/ Parkinson’s (an early diagnosis thanks to early recognition of the symptoms based on our dad’s symptoms).
- My husband had surgery last month.
- We have a Monster High obsession going on around these parts (and it’s not just K)
- Our rescue dog has been with us almost a year now. I still don’t know how we lived without her stinky, strange, sweet, not-listening, mama’s-girl butt.
- K & I have started to read through the Harry Potter series together. It’s so much fun to share so much with one of my girls.
- I’m sort of turning into a planner fiend. Here’s hoping that helps with my whole “get back into blogging” plan.
- I’m trying some “30 days of”. Don’t plan on posting about them until I actually succeed (or get close to succeeding) in completing one. I’m hoping I can do anything for 30 days. I’m doing one of the toughest ones first. If I can manage to succeed in this, I know I can do anything.
There is so much more, and I have wonderful lists full of posts to create. I only need to get myself into focus to create them. I think my brain needs the release of getting these things out in the open. Maybe then I’ll start to feel like my brain is back on planet Earth.
Now, if only I could find those elusive extra hours in the day to accomplish everything I need to in every day.