A few months ago I updated my former 45X45 list to become a 50X50 list. Since I first put it out, I’ve managed to check at least one more item off the list, and we’re about to head into a new year, so I thought it would be a good time to go over it, make sure I still want to do them all, and set myself a goal to finish at least one, if not two next year…
Think I can do it? Some of these are kinda crazy-pants.
50 X 50
Take a real vacation. (Not to Buffalo, not w/ the kids)(Done 4/23/12) Take my kids to Disney World.(Done, thanks to Make-A-Wish 10/28/14) See my name in print (get published, e-zine, paper-zine). (Done 6/24/12 – Sirens Call June 2012 Issue) Have a novel published. (Done 2/8/13 – Changing Tracks & 17 more times [so far] by 7/18/15)
- Get my Dominion Falls books series in front of a producer.
- Completely tidy my house.
- Take a photography class (or 2 or 3)
Perform on stage again(done 12/4/15 – Violet Grey in A Charlie Brown Christmas)
- See Colorado
- Camp – really camp in the Rockies
- See Yellowstone
- Go skydiving. [Yes, I feel slightly insane here]
Go to a blogger’s conference. (done 4/23/12)
- Sit at a book signing/author’s conference.
- Get on a regular exercise regime & stay on it for more than 3 months.
Hand craft (knit, sew) 1 item for ME for a change. (DONE 4/1/12)
- Make a complete Victorian era dress from skin out. (underthings complete, corset 50% complete)
Get some crazy color in my hair (purple, blue, pink highlites/streaks)Done 2/11/12
- Read the Harry Potter series aloud to my girls. (2/3 of the way through by 8/4/17)
- Sing Karaoke
- Get up close with the wolves & photograph them at Wolf Park.
- Move to Florida.
- Pay off debt.
- Get a car that is less than 2 years old
Run a 5k. Done 9/22/12 Do something daring (paragliding, zipline, etc.)Done 7/14/12 See the butterflies at the Indy Zoo(Done 3/19/13)
- Learn sign language.
- Go on a road trip with a girlfriend
- Go on a hot air balloon ride
See Cirque du Soleil(Done 6/27/2012)
- Ride a horse – not a trail horse. A real ride on a horse.
- Stop drinking pop
Visit Disneyland(Done 5/2/17) Get a tattoo(Done 7/16/11)
- Go on a Cruise [preferably Alaskan, but I’m not picky]
Go on a wine tasting(Done 10/16/10)
- Get a Henna tattoo
- Take my husband to swim with sharks
- Fly first class
- Read at least 50 of the 100 Greatest Novels (I am saying the book can be from either of the 2 lists there. In total I have read 8/50 at this point)
Have a real spa day(Done, thanks to Hubs, 7/2014) Visit a real haunted location(Done 7/16/16)
- Sell a photo
- Visit Salem, MA
Visit both US based Disney Parks in one year.(Done 9/4/17) See a solar eclipse.(Done 8/21/17)
- Have one of my pictures on the Indianapolis Zoo website.
- Go through a sweat lodge ceremony.
The newly done items for this year were: Visit both US based Disney Parks in one year, and See a Solar Eclipse. Both were done in the past couple of months, and were awesome.
Now for 2018, I want to knock off at least two of them. One I know for sure I’ll be doing is to be sitting at a book signing/author’s conference. This is happening in March for sure, and I’m super excited. I’m hoping, maybe, that I can do the first class flight, too…if I can bump up my ticket to the conference I do every year.
Oooh, maybe I can find a place to do a sweat lodge. That would be awesome. What do you think? Which should I choose? Or is there something you think I need to add to the list that isn’t there? I’m super open to suggestions. I like having a mix of “way out there” hopes, and some more do-able. I’d even be willing to bump it up to a higher number to add items in. 😀